- This page is about the House of the Athyra. For the book, see Athyra (book). For the animal, see Athyra (animal).
The Athyra are noted for their ability to reason, as well as their pursuit of intellectual challenges. It should be noted that Athyra are primarily interested in exploring the world—and especially the mind—as a means to gain power, and are therefore less objective as scholars than a Hawk or the Lyorn.
An Athyra sees those around him as either objects to be used to achieve their own ends, or, for the more ethereal Athyra, merely mental constructs; of no more importance than a dream. It is these sollipsist Athyra that pose the greatest danger to others, since they do not even consider others around them to be of any significance whatsoever.
- See also Speculation:Cycle Turnings.
- House colors: Red and white
- Associated concepts: magic, philosophy
- Physical appearance: thin, smooth face, often grey eyes, pale eyebrows
- Personality traits:
- tend toward intellectual pursuits
- noted and famous as wizards, necromancers, etc.
- aloof and cold
- Social status: Noble
- Key to the Paths of the Dead: stones engraved in ritual trance
Quotes regarding AthyraEdit
- "You reason like an Athyra."
- — A compliment occurring in several places in Paarfi's works, by various persons to various others (who are not, in fact, actually Athyra)
|Place in Cycle|